Foreign Exchange Students
The following guidelines are provided to assist the foreign exchange organization, the foreign exchange student, and the host family in understanding the expectations of this privilege:
- The local foreign exchange organization representative should contact Student Services to secure approval to place the student in the high school of the host family’s attendance zone. Click here for the enrollment procedures and dates or the application.
- Foreign exchange students are accepted for one calendar year.
- Due to classroom capacity, BCS will annually accept a maximum of 3 foreign exchange students.
- Every foreign exchange student is encouraged to be fluent in writing and speaking English but will not be denied enrollment if they have limited skills.
- The host family must be Bartlett residents and verify their residency.
- Foreign exchange students will be classified at a level no higher than 11th grade.
- No student who has completed the equivalent of the 12th grade in their home country, has received a diploma or a certificate of graduation, or is considered eligible for college or university placement will be eligible to attend a district high school.
- Foreign exchange students will not be placed in class ranking.
- Foreign exchange students are subject to BCS attendance and discipline policies and are expected to participate fully in their classes, including taking tests.